Thank you for clicking on Visiting Angels North Shropshire! A few little clicks have led you here where you can explore the home carer services we are able to offer in the Oswestry and Shrewsbury areas. We cover all villages within North Shropshire too.
Why choose Visiting Angels North Shropshire for home care support?
Finding the right support for yourself or a loved one is a huge decision and takes lots of research and consideration – and rightly so! In fact, it’s one of the most important decisions that is ever made. Matching services with the personal touch to provide dedicated, tailored support that we, as a team, can deliver is our passion.
We are a team of home carers, dedicated to providing a high level of service of care at home. We aim to work closely with our clients, their families, health professionals and our Angels as one big team to ensure our clients remain happy in their own homes.
Our home care service promotes independence, dignity, choice, compassion and empathy along with the beliefs and values of each Client. Our Angels are visitors into your home, so it is important to get the right match, we take in to account the hobbies and interests of the Angel to match the client and elderly care companionship shines through in every visit that we do.
How can Visiting Angels North Shropshire help you with care at home?
Our Angels provide support to Clients in their own homes with visits of one hour or more. The times and days are agreed with you and our Angels will visit as agreed. The one-hour visit allows the Angel to have sufficient time to complete tasks without rushing the Client and the Client has the time and support they need at a pace to suit them. This also allows the Angel and Client to build a professional relationship together and a strong bond, and companionship often blooms which helps to reduce social isolation. Our Angels will be a friendly face, visiting to assist with support where needed.
Our Angels can support with tasks such as:
• Home help/cleaning tasks (mopping, dusting, hoovering, changing of beds, laundry, ironing etc.).
• Elderly companionship care; For a general chat or assist and encourage with activities (puzzles/jigsaws/painting, using technology, baking, gardening etc.)
• Socialisation visits in the community by car/transport for shopping, appointments to clinics and health professionals, escorts to hairdressers, barbers, beauticians etc. along with days out to places of interest and attending activities/clubs
• Meal plan and prepare, cook and serve fresh meals (not just a microwave meal)
• Assist with eating and drinking
• Assist/prompt with medication (including ordering prescriptions and collection)
• Shopping for grocery items or personal items such as shoes and clothing (escorted or shopping on your behalf)
• Support and/or guidance with personal care – including, oral care, shaving, washing hair and blow drying/styling, nail care (painting and cleaning), showering/bathing, washing and dressing, assisting with incontinent aids.
• Pet care
Please remember we are here to support the needs of the individual and support will be tailored to the one individual.
How can I get support?
If you would like to talk to us about one of our home carers, or any other kind of support, please telephone the office 01691 888558 or send an enquiry through our contact page. A member of the office team will come to your home and visit you at a convenient time and day and explain about our services and answer any questions that you may have. You may want to have a friend or relative with you – we like to encourage this so that you feel supported and comfortable. You can tell us about your likes and dislikes and what is important to you and how you would like to be supported. We ask for information about you, such as your health, your medication, your mobility, and your life story and background and any hobbies and interests you have because this helps us with matching you to an Angel. Let us find a home carer for you.